Quiet Dehumidifier Reviews: Know the Products Better by Word of Mouth
When someone is planning to buy a home appliance, the first things that he or she looks at are the features and specs. Unfortunately, not all manufacturers provide full disclosure. They would not want prospects to know the weaknesses of their products, of course.
This is the reason why people, including those what are hoping to get dehumidifiers at home, rely on quiet dehumidifier reviews.
The noise level of products is not something that is advertised. Electronic equipment has either motors or fans that make noise.
For people who have babies and elderly at home, or even those who just want peace and quiet when studying or sleeping, information on the noise level of the appliance that they are planning to buy matters a lot.
In this Digital Age, aside from the information about the home appliance that is advertised, people rely on product reviews published online, be it on social media or on blogs. These product reviews have become word of mouth nowadays.
The good thing about these product reviews published online is the ability of the writers to also include pictures and videos in their posts. This allows the prospective buyer to also “experience” the product without buying yet.
Below is a simple review of home dehumidifiers that should be useful to anyone who is planning to get one for their home.
VAVA Compact Small Dehumidifier
VAVA Compact Small Dehumidifier, as the name implies, is small. It has a feather-like design and measures only 10.2 inches in height, and 5.7 inches in with. The design and color are also attractive and classy. It can match any home or room design perfectly.
It has a 24-ounce water tank and can generate moisture of 10 ounces every 24 hours provided that the relative humidity is 80% or above, and the room temperature is 86 degrees Fahrenheit. It also boasts of its “whisper-quiet” operation because it only produces 33 decibels of noise.
This noise level has been certified by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) of the USA.
This portable home dehumidifier also has an indicator light that turns yellow when it is almost full, and it auto shuts-off when the 16.9-ounce normal capacity has reached the maximum capacity (additional 3.4 ounces of water).
- The engine of this dehumidifier has been certified by the FCC to guarantee that the noise it emits will not cause any significant interference.
- Its design and color are notable as it cannot easily be recognized as a home dehumidifier. It can blend well with home displays and decors.
- Its size makes it easy to bring from one place to another.
- The on/off button at the top makes it also easy to operate.
- The tank is transparent, so the user can easily monitor its usage. It is easy to pull out and empty.
- It does not have any handle or wheels for moving from one place to another.
- The bottom is not flat, so it could be a bit less sturdy than others.
EECOO 700 ML Dehumidifier
This home dehumidifier can remove up to 300 ml of moisture in the air within 24 hours when the relative humidity is 80% above. It also has a bigger air inlet for efficient dehumidification.
The company says that it can work even in rooms as big as 215 square feet. The water tank can store up to 700 ml of water gathered from the air.
EECOO 700 ml Dehumidifier also works using Peltier technology, so it is quiet because of the absence of the compressor. It only emits 35 decibels of noise.
It also automatically shuts down when the tank is full of water. It has an LED indicator light that becomes yellow when the tank needs to be cleared off the water.
It is made of ABS plastic that is known for durability and strength. This home dehumidifier also has a water tank with handle and cover for the convenience of removing water. In addition, it is small and lightweight.
- One of the best things about this dehumidifier is the cover at the top of the tank that minimizes spillage of water especially when it has been full.
- The large air inlet is also visible; the user can be ensured that the excess humidity in the room is sucked up efficiently and removed.
- The transparent tank and LED light let the user know when it’s time to empty the tank to avoid leakage.
- Since it is quiet, it can be used even in the nursery and in the study room or home office.
- It is not as powerful as other models of dehumidifier its size.
- It does not have a handle for transport.
- Its noise could still be distracting for some people.
OXA Smart Mini Dehumidifier
This one has a water tank capacity of 700 ml and can remove 50 to 300 ml of moisture in the air in one day. It uses Peltier technology for a silent yet efficient operation.
It has both normal mode and sleep mode. When in sleep mode, it only emits up to 35 decibels of sound.
It has automatic shut-off feature. This makes it energy saving and efficient. The LED light turns red to let the user know it’s time to clear the tank. This light is placed at the top for visibility.
It also serves as the switch to shift from normal mode to sleep mode. The on/off switch is on the back near the power inlet.
The air inlet is strategically placed around the dehumidifier for more effective moisture absorption. It also has four small feet with anti-skid rubber for stability.
- The air inlet is well distributed around the dehumidifier.
- The buttons and switches are strategically placed at the top and back.
- The water tank is easy to empty, remove and return.
- The tank is clear and transparent for easier monitoring of its performance.
- The base of this dehumidifier is very stable compared to others.
- The two operation modes give the users an option on how they want it to operate.
- The only downside is it looks a bit bulky because the shape is a square.
Quiet Dehumidifier Reviews: The Verdict
There could be more comprehensive quiet dehumidifier reviews, but based on what has been discovered so far, the OXA Smart Mini Dehumidifier is the best among the three since it provides an option for sleep mode. It also is more stable and sturdy and works very efficiently because of the large air inlet that is placed strategically around it.
OXASmart Mini Dehumidifier is simply the best in terms of efficiency and personalization of dehumidifying the home. It has all the basic features and more.