Best Portable Dehumidifier: Keeping Humidity Within the Healthy Range
It is not uncommon for people to develop respiratory problems these days. At least one in every ten people has either allergies or asthma. Blame it on climate change, they say.
It’s a good thing that there are a lot of home equipment available to help with this problem. To keep the humidity at home within healthy limits, it’s good to have the best portable dehumidifier within easy reach.
Having a relative humidity (RH) of 45-55% is what is considered the healthy range when it comes to moisture in the air. Nevertheless, most people can tolerate 20-60%.
However, it must be noted that RH outside the healthy range is harmful to people that have low immunity.
High humidity has been proven to cause the buildup of mold, fungi, bacteria, and even dust mites. These organisms love high levels of humidity.
Not only do these permanently damage furniture and clothing, they can also cause infections and illnesses. They affect not only the respiratory system but also the skin.
These are the reasons why people are in the search for a dehumidifier. A lot of people are investing on this because they know that though they cost them a significant amount of money, the benefits are priceless.
It’s a good thing that portable dehumidifiers are being sold now, so users can put them anywhere in the house that they think are developing high humidity.
However, not all portable dehumidifiers are created equal. Below, three of the top portable dehumidifiers are reviewed.
Pro Breeze PB-03-US Electric Mini Dehumidifier[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B01HXVUT7C” locale=”US” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41Ssk8BmGML.jpg” tag=”nichwebs0e-20″ width=”500″]
This portable dehumidifier can work efficiently in 2200 cubic feet spaces. It is suggested to be used in the kitchen, RV, garage, and even small basements since these are the places that develop high humidity the most. It is also less than four pounds light.
It has 52-ounce tank capacity and can remove 18 ounces of moisture in the air in a day. It uses what they call Peltier technology that does not require any compressor, making this portable dehumidifier quiet.
It also automatically shuts down once the tank has reached its maximum capacity.
- It efficiently keeps humidity within the normal range, keeping the air healthy.
- The tank capacity is big enough to accommodate several days worth of moisture, so the user does not need to empty it that often.
- It is easy to move from one place in the house to another because it is lightweight.
- It has low power consumption.
- The on/off switch is at the back of the dehumidifier.
- Some people find it a bit noisy.
- The tank can overflow if not emptied immediately.
HODGSON Auto Mini Dehumidifier[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B0759WWW79″ locale=”US” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51BeEn4VokL.jpg” tag=”nichwebs0e-20″ width=”500″]
Hodgson Auto Mini Dehumidifier boasts of its condensation that is twice as fast as the performance of other portable dehumidifiers on the market. It also uses Peltier technology. Aside from its elegant appearance, it is also effective in keeping moisture away.
It does not have any moving parts, so it is relatively more silent. Its air outlet is at the top, and it is small and compact, not weighing more than one kilogram.
It can accommodate 700 ml of moisture in the tank and can remove as much as 300 ml of moisture in the air provided that the temperature when the room temperature is 86 degrees Fahrenheit, and there is 80% relative humidity. This dehumidifier also shuts off automatically and turns its indicator light yellow once the tank gets full.
The best thing about this product and the company is their full disclosure about how the dehumidifier performs. The 300 ml indicated in their advertisement should only be expected to be achieved when the relative humidity (RH) is 80% or higher. If below 80%, it would take several days to fill the tank completely.
- This portable dehumidifier is silent, so it can be used even in rooms where a baby is sleeping.
- It uses Peltier technology, making the dehumidification process more efficient and quiet.
- It really automatically shuts off when the tank gets full, so there’s no leakage.
- The water tank can be removed and can be easily cleaned.
- It has an extra long power cord, so it can be placed almost anywhere in the room.
- The plastic used in the manufacture of this dehumidifier is ABS plastic, so it can last many years.
- It is not that quiet for some users
- The water tank can rattle if not placed properly
Powilling 2200 Cubic Feet Electric Portable Dehumidifiers[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B01N1RTS4R” locale=”US” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/413IR-LYXSL.jpg” tag=”nichwebs0e-20″ width=”500″]
This Powilling portable dehumidifier is advertised to have a tank capacity of two liters and can gather up to 700 ml of moisture in a day. Its power cord is 100 inches long, and the body is made of ABS plastic, which is known for its resistance to impact and heat.
The tank can be emptied by pulling out its plug and pouring the water out. It also has an indicator light, and it automatically shuts off when the tank needs to be emptied.
It also has a concave handle, making it really portable and easy to bring anywhere. Just like the other two dehumidifiers, this one also uses Peltier technology for efficiency and silence.
- It has bigger tank capacity (two liters).
- It has a handle, so you can bring it anywhere in the house (or even in hotels, RVs, etc.) where there is high humidity.
- The tank can be easily emptied by pouring the water out.
- It is made with ABS plastic for long-term use.
- The long cord does not require the user to plug it into an extension cord, making the area look neat.
- There are reports that the tank is smaller than the information disclosed.
- Some units are noisy.
Best Portable Dehumidifier: The Verdict
Among the three, the best portable dehumidifier is Powilling 2200 Cubic Feet Electric Portable Dehumidifiers. One of its wonderful features is its handle that makes it easy to bring around and transport.
Because of this, families would not need to buy a lot of these small dehumidifiers for all parts of the house. They can use Powilling 2200 Cubic Feet Electric Portable Dehumidifiers only as the need arises.
It is also durable since it is made of ABS plastic, it has a long cord, and it is relatively quiet because of Peltier technology. It is one great product to have to ensure that the home’s relative humidity is within the healthy range.