Best Humidifier for Sinus Problems: Which Device to Choose?
If you suffer from sinus problems or any respiratory disorder, you may be tired of taking prescription and over the counter drugs to help alleviate the symptoms. If this is the case, then why don’t you look for the best humidifier for sinus problems?
A humidifier is a device that takes the dry air from a room and outputs it with moist air. This moist air it outputs can actually help to alleviate your sinuses as it allows the mucus in your nose to flow properly.
It is something you ought to seriously consider. Congestion occurs because of dry air. If the air you inhale is dry, then the mucus that protects your respiratory tract, is not going to be able to flow properly.
Your body’s response to this may be a headache, or you may repeatedly sneeze to get rid of the built-up mucus. If you continue reading, you will see a comparison of three popular humidifiers that are used to assist with sinuses.
Essential Oil Diffuser for Aromatherapy & Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
Environmentalist, this diffuser is for you as it is BPA free! It can use essential oils and water without heating them. It can be used both for aromatherapy and as a humidifier with the ability to prevent you from coughing, suffering from breathing difficulties and from having dry skin conditions. It only has a capacity of 300ml.
- This humidifier is super easy to use. The humidifier comes with timers, so you can set it for up to eight hours of use. That is an entire night’s rest. It also turns off automatically, so you need not worry about getting up at certain times to shut it off.
- Corrosion Resistant – While some manufacturers advise against using essential oils in your humidifier, you can add a few drops (or more) of essential oils to your water without worrying about it corroding the interior of your humidifier.
- Dual Functionality – Apart from working as a humidifier, it also works to relax and calm you. When used with the right oils, you can create a calming and soothing atmosphere.
- It is not exactly a humidifier; the device is more of a diffuser than a humidifier. However, it does put moisture into the air and assists with your breathing.
- It is not as easy to clean as claimed. The diffuser gets dirty quickly, and you may see this trapped beneath the water chamber, like residue from your last use. This can actually be a turn-off.
MigicShow Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser
This diffuser will be loved by a naturalist. It actually has a grained wood finish. It has a capacity of 250ml and comes with LED lighting, so it can be used anywhere in the house, in your office or even in your baby’s nursery. It can be operated without water, and it has an auto shut-off function.
- The diffuser has a unique design which seems very relaxed. It also has a cap which allows you to add water and essential oils to it from the top. This is a very nice feature as it will present leakage.
- It has multiple functions. MigicShow claims that the diffuser is a four-in-one device. It can work as a nightlight, humidifier, diffuser and an air purifier. This can possibly make it the best humidifier for sinus problems.
- If you want to take a nap while this is on, you need not worry about it disturbing your rest as it operates quietly. The automatic shut off feature, also will not disturb your night’s rest.
- It comes with add-ons. The packaging comes with a charger, measuring cup so you would not put too much water, and an instruction manual.
- Fails with repeated use – If you sue this often and fail to clean it as often as you use it, it may fail, and its lifespan significantly shortened.
ArtNaturals Essential Oil and Bluetooth Diffuser Set
This is another diffuser that would be enjoyed by a naturalist because it looks almost like a coconut. It has a 400ml capacity and comes with eight essential oils including, tea tree, peppermint, lavender, orange, rosemary, eucalyptus, lemongrass, and frankincense.
It has an automatic shut off function and may actually be the perfect Christmas or birthday gift for someone with sinuses.
- It works with Bluetooth technology – This diffuser works with Bluetooth, so you can connect your phone to it and play music or set the alarm.
- It comes with essential oils. This device comes with essential oils, so there is no need to worry about buying essential oils to use it when the time comes. Simply just choose the one which you want to use and add it to the diffuser.
- It comes with seven LED lights which you can set to use as a nightlight. The lights are in different colors, and you can set them to suit your needs.
- Putting water to this machine is very easy. To add water to the diffuser, just remove the top cover and pour water and your essential oils in. There is also a waterline that provides some guidance for you.
- When the item is shipped, some of the contents of the oils may have leaked so you should be careful when opening it. The manufacturers probably need to take better care packaging the diffuser and its add-ons.
The Best Humidifier for Sinus Problems: Which One to Buy?
The humidifiers presented here are not exactly humidifiers, but they have the functionality. The Essential Oil Diffuser is completely out of the running as the MigicShow and ArtNaturals Diffusers have better features and are more environmentally friendly.
Both offer good yet similar features, so choosing the best will actually be difficult. The MigicShow has four functionalities, and the ArtNaturals Diffuser has Bluetooth.
If an air purifier is essential and important to you, then you should get the MigicShow Diffuser. However, if you want to add technology to the mix and benefit from right bottles of essential oils with your purchase, you should get the ArtNaturals Diffuser.
Both are great in their own right, but you can decide based on your needs and well, of course, price and value for money will always be a determining factor.