Best Dehumidifier With Pump: Enjoy Effortless Humidity Control with these Top Picks
When buying something for the home or something that could ensure the family’s health and safety, getting the best option is like making an investment. Shelling out more money for something that could last a long time, and something that would work efficiently for what it is intended for is always a good deal.
When it comes to purchasing dehumidifiers, it is a good idea to get the best dehumidifier with pump.
There are a lot of home dehumidifiers available on the market today. Most of them are small and portable-type. They are what’s more affordable, and have promised to do the job.
However, when it comes to dehumidifiers, bigger is always better. The size of a dehumidifier often has a positive relationship with its capacity to absorb moisture, and the size of the area it can cover.
Aside from getting the bigger and more heavy-duty ones, it also pays to get something that is low maintenance. For dehumidifiers, those with a built-in pump is always the wiser choice because users would not need to manually empty the water tank all the time. The tank will also be kept clean since no water will be staying in for several days.
Below are the bigger dehumidifiers that also have a built-in water pump. At the end of this review, the best among the three will be revealed.
Honeywell 70-Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier
This home dehumidifier has 70-pint water capacity. This means it can remove up to 70 pints of moisture in the air within 24 hours if the relative humidity is really high.
It keeps the relative humidity in an area within normal range. It can be used even in basements that have been smelling musty, and in dens and kitchens.
The auto-drain pump of this dehumidifier drains either vertically or horizontally by up to 15 feet. The drain tube is included in the package, so the user can set it to drain directly to the sink or windows from the beginning.
It has an air filter and removable water tank in the front that is easily removed and cleaned. This tank is also covered to avoid spillage, and it has a transparent vertical viewing window to see how much water is already in the tank.
It is energy-efficient as it has smart humidistat controls and displays. It has a timer and auto-restart feature for when a power outage happens.
This dehumidifier also operates at low temperature to avoid overheating. The design also looks clean and tidy. There are distracting buttons or knobs.
- The best thing about this dehumidifier is its being energy-efficient. It is Energy Star, so it should be able to save the user some money from his or her electric consumption.
- Although it is big, it is still easy to move around the house as it has durable caster wheels and ergonomic handles on the side.
- As compared to other portable and compact home dehumidifiers, this one has a lot of options and features such as a timer, auto-restart, and humidistat controls.
- The display also shows the humidity level and room temperature to guide the user with adjustments.
- It looks elegant, and very safe around children and pets as there are no obvious holes, buttons, and knobs that children can play with.
- It covers a large area and removes a significant amount of moisture.
- The tank is better placed at the back of the dehumidifier.
- The hum is a bit distracting.
EdgeStar 70-Pint Portable Dehumidifier
This 70-pint dehumidifier system has caster wheels and handles on the sides for portability. It can be used in rooms up to 1500 square feet.
It is 23.75 inches in height, 15.25 inches in width, and 11.13 inches in depth. On the average, it removes 50 pints of moisture in the air given a 24-hour running time.
It also has the following features—automatic defrost, frost guard, automatic restart, washable filter, LED display, overflow indicator light, timer, and adjustable fan speeds. Its tank or bucket capacity is up to 18 pints, but there is an option to use the built-in water pump to directly drain the water to a distance of up to 16 feet.
It is also energy-saving as it stops the compressor and fan once the set temperature and humidity are set. This also ensures that the room temperature and humidity is the way the user wants them to be.
The controls can be set to 30-90% relative humidity, and up to 41-95 degree Fahrenheit temperature without any issues. The noise is also not that distracting, and how the compressor and fan perform can be modified to match the noise level tolerable for the users.
- There are a lot of options to choose from when using this dehumidifier. Almost all settings, from the fan speed to the water disposal, can be set depending on the preference of the user.
- The size and performance are perfect for large areas of the home.
- Aside from being energy-efficient, it also uses a refrigerant that is not harmful to the ozone layer. It also complies with the standards of the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- It has air inlet and outlet both at the top and in front, making it an efficient dehumidifier in clearing the air and moderating humidity and temperature.
- The compressor definitely produces more noise than its counterparts that use Peltier technology.
- The relative humidity can only be adjusted by increments of five. It is impossible to set it to the exact humidity the user wants.
Whirlpool Energy Star 70-Pint Dehumidifier
Another dehumidifier with a built-in pump in the list is Whirlpool Energy Star 70-Pint Dehumidifier. It boasts of its ability to remove excess moisture in the air of a room as big as 3000 square feet. It is said to be able to collect as much as 70 pints per 24 hours.
The package contains the pump hose for continuous drainage upwards or vertically. It also has an electronic digital control panel with LED display.
It has a removable and washable filter, it has a water bucket in front, and the air inlet and outlet are big enough for efficient dehumidification. It does not have any sharp edges or corners, so it can be said to be safe around children.
It has caster wheels at the bottom and handles on both sides for easy transport. It also looks sleek and will not be an eyesore in any room in the house.
- It looks really good and stylish.
- It can cover a larger area, which is up to 3000 sq. ft.
- It keeps the humidity levels within healthy range.
- The tank has a peeping hole to let the user know how much water is inside and if it needs to be emptied already.
- The content of the manual is a bit vague.
- It will not be efficient to use its maximum room size capacity.
Best Dehumidifier with Pump: The Verdict
Among the three dehumidifiers reviewed, the best dehumidifier with pump is EdgeStar 70 Pint Portable Dehumidifier as aside from being the dehumidifier with all the possible features and options one can think of, it is also EPA compliant and environment-friendly. It effectively removes the water from the air directly through its built-in tank that makes it user-friendly and convenient to have around.
It is pricey, but since it works very well, it can ensure that the family will be safe from the illnesses brought about by unhealthy levels of humidity. It is really a good investment.