Best Cool Mist Humidifier: Your Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Right Brand
Season changes make the air dry which can cause allergic rhinitis and eczema symptoms to appear; however, using the best cool mist humidifier can be helpful in alleviating allergy attacks.
Humidifiers are helpful in relieving allergy symptoms by releasing moisture into the air, but it is important to have the right amount of humidity because too much humidity is the perfect environment for mold, mildew, and dust mites to grow.
Although medications can be an option to relieve your allergy symptoms, it would be better to go the natural route. So, if in case you are shopping for a humidifier, we have listed three products below, including all the details, which you can check out to help you make a better decision.
In addition, a couple of them double as essential oil diffusers so, if you are into aromatherapy, they may be the right ones for you.
TaoTronics Cool Mist Humidifier
This cool mist humidifier is low noise that it only produces 38 dB of sound so it won’t disturb your sleep. It also features a microporous cartridge to filter water and microorganisms effectively.
In addition, it has an adjustable mist flow and humidity level and a four-liter water capacity to provide you 15 hours of humidification.
This humidifier also has a timer, LED display and a nozzle that you can rotate 360 degrees so you can adjust the mist to whichever direction you want. Finally, the TaoTronics Cool Mist Humidifier does not work as aroma diffuser so you can’t put essential oils in it.
- This humidifier is low noise.
- It has a large water capacity, so you don’t have to refill it often.
- It has a LED display where you can monitor the room’s humidity level and mist mode.
- The mist nozzle is adjustable.
- It has multiple mist levels.
- It has a timer so you can set how long you want to use the humidifier.
- It has a permanent filter that you can clean, and you don’t need to replace it.
- It is easy to refill and maintain.
- It has a built-in light.
- It can be heavy when filled with water.
- It does not double as an essential oil diffuser.
- It may be too small for some users.
URPOWER Cool Mist Humidifier
The URPOWER Essential Oil Diffuser Aroma Essential Oil Cool Mist Humidifier has a 100-milliliter capacity, and it is made of hard polypropylene plastic. This humidifier can run for up to six hours continuously and features an adjustable mist setting.
It has a low noise operation so you will not be disturbed even if you use it while sleeping. In addition, it features a night light, a seven-color changing lamp and a programmable on and off cycle.
This humidifier also has an auto on and off feature for protection when it runs out of water. Finally, it can double as an essential oil diffuser so you can add your favorite essential oil while you are using it as a humidifier.
- It doubles as an essential oil diffuser so you can use it for aromatherapy as well.
- It has a stylish and low-noise design.
- The plastic used to make this humidifier is BPA-free.
- The brightness of the light is adjustable.
- It automatically goes off when it’s out of water.
- It is easy to clean and maintain.
- It comes with a measuring cup.
- It is easy to operate and setup.
- It may be too small for some users.
- The nightlight may be too bright for some users.
- It works only in small areas.
VicTsing Cool Mist Humidifier
The VicTsing Cool Mist Humidifier has a 300-milliliter capacity, so you don’t have to refill it often. This humidifier can run for a continuous 10 hours, and it automatically goes off when it’s out of water to ensure safety.
It also features lights with changeable colors and the lights can be adjusted from dim to bright depending on your preference.
In addition, it has an ultra-quiet design so as not to disturb you while sleeping and it has four-time setting modes. Although this product is really an essential oil diffuser, it can double as a humidifier if you want to relieve your allergy symptoms. Lastly, its mist output is adjustable, and it is made of BPA-free plastic.
- It comes in different colors.
- It has a compact design.
- It can be used as both an essential oil diffuser and a humidifier.
- It is easy to use and set-up.
- It can work in both small and large rooms.
- This diffuser is aesthetically pleasing.
- It is very easy to clean and maintain.
- They provide good customer service.
- You can only use water-soluble essential oils only.
- It may be small to some users.
- The top cover does not lock so when it gets knocked over; there is no way to prevent water spills.
- Some users may find the beep sound it makes when you turn it off annoying.
- It only runs for six hours, so this could be a drawback when using it while sleeping.
Best Cool Mist Humidifier: The Verdict
Each of this products can the best cool mist humidifier depending on your preference. The TaoTronics Cool Mist Humidifier might be the right product for you if you are looking for a large capacity humidifier with an LED display that can run for more than 10 hours; however, its drawback if you can’t add your favorite essential oils into it.
On the other hand, the URPOWER and VicTsing humidifiers are perfect choices if you are looking for humidifiers that double as essential oil diffusers which is a major plus for people who are into aromatherapy. As for design, the product from VicTsing has the best among the three.
Its wood design or whichever color you will choose can instantly make the humidifier slash oil diffuser a decor or a centerpiece for the room you place it in.
To summarize, all of the three products mentioned are perfect choices if you are looking for low-noise and allergy alleviating humidifiers but if you are looking for humidifiers that can double as essential oil diffusers, your options will go down between the URPOWER and VicTsing humidifiers.